Here at Sandford Freight, we believe in taking ownership, whether it’s with your shipments or our environment. We believe in transparency, commitment & taking responsibility.
As a company we understand the importance of reducing our Carbon Footprint and as a company we have taken a committed approach to lowering our carbon footprint.
Here are some of our favourites:
- Purchasing recycled Paper & green office stationery. We were amazed at the savings we made financially in switching to these options and after a two week trial, no one in the office noticed a difference in the quality of the product.
- We now think before we print and when we do print we always go double sided.
- Our team committed to a car pool system for coming to and from work, lunch runs and even the occasional 4pm chocolate run.
- We now keep our heating on a consistent lower heat as it uses less energy which is better than switching it on and off for blasts of heat
- We purchase fair trade teas & coffees for the office.
- We operate a switch off campaign for lights and office equipment at the end of each day.
- We now use a battery powered forklift which reduces emissions.
- We have upgraded our lighting to LED bulbs as they use approximately 15 times less electricity, significantly reducing our business carbon footprint.
- As a company we are involved with the community around us and sponsor different sporting events which enables our youth to be outdoors, active and socially aware.
Yes, we still have some progress to make but we will keep you updated. We know that all transitions take time but we also know that small changes in the long run can have big effects. Have you implemented any changes? We would love to hear your ideas.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...